How to install Aqara smart curtains on existing curtain rails

by Anonymous, March 08 2019

Topic Image

So, today we will install smart curtains from Xiaomi, with a native rail and engine from Aqara.

I bought 2 sets of rails (one set has two rails of 1 meter each). In total, I got 4 meters. My existing ledge is 3 meters. Correspondingly, we will have one "stick" to spare.

One set (2 meters) cost me 3,800 rubles (was available in my city).

Now we need to disassemble everything to the ground, so that then all back together as necessary.

We will need it:

Scissors

Phillips screwdriver

Metal hacksaw (if necessary)

Straight hands.

To begin with, remove the mechanisms at the ends and take out 2 tracks completely:

Next, take measurements of the existing curtain and take a closer look at the photo below, this arbitrary stock should be left:

Suppose you have calculated the required size of 3.5 meters. Cut one rail by 50 cm, and connect a set of 4 parts. Do not forget that one set of rails has one interrail fastener each.

Now let's move on to the most complicated, to the installation of tracks. You will have 1-2 or even 3, depending on the purchased kits, and often it is superfluous, and in my case, its installation moved the curtain only in one direction.

Start inserting the caterpillar into the rail until there is very little left:

Next, take the previously disassembled track clip and attach the second one to the first one (you don't need to hook anything else, we just tied the tracks together):

As soon as the end you have started with passes the final mechanism and returns to the first interrail fastening, disassemble the connection and insert the connector as shown in the photo:

In the photo above, I have a hook for the curtains, and you need to put on a white connector for the curtain hook. Assemble the rails back together, the connector should be able to move freely with the track.

Now you need to extend the remaining track into the second mechanism at the other end:

Now pull the track on the outside of the rail to the first clip position! On one side of the eave, the mechanism should be assembled and inserted; on the other side, make it as close to the rail as possible. Cut, but do not be afraid, there is still a small reserve:

Pull the track further until it looks like it's in the photo:

This is where you'll need to bind it. Keep in mind that you can remove the pinion at the back end of the mechanism and this will give you a small margin for binding. Also, the caterpillar cannot be longer than necessary. You will be able to choose the exact size of the track by cutting off 1-2 moves of the track. Generally speaking, the reserve for fastening should be taken out of a small economy at removal of gears from both ends and at all more.

Check the travel of the track with a screwdriver or any other object (after assembly), it should move freely.

Now let's bring the previously installed hook for the awning to the center of our eave. The hook is attached to one side. Mark with a sharp object (or white paint) the opposite center on the track:

Or simply swipe the caterpillar in any direction until our hook rests on the mechanism. Accordingly, a second clip and a second hook should be placed at the other end of the eave on the opposite side! Remove the gears again and release the track for convenience.

Check whether you have two hooks that match or dissipate at the same time.

This first step is over, so let's get to the second step.

Look at your eaves. If it is like in the photo, it means everything is fine. Just put your new ledge on top between the tubes, it will lie perfectly between them

If everything fits, safely remove the drapes, wind up the hooks and attach the curtains (use the standard hooks and no more for aesthetics). Remove the curtain tube, place a new eave, and if possible, return it back (I've learned to do so).

Then, if desired, you can paint the new eaves in the color of the existing canvas paint. I did not attach it to the old one, it is very strong. On this second stage is finished, adjust your curtains in the program and use. In the next article we will learn how to move curtains completely without dismantling the old ones!

Source: https://sprut.ai/client/article/424

I want to say: